2020 has been a hard year for most, if anything, there are a million more reasons why we should make this mothers day as magical as possible and I want to help get the creative juices flowing by sharing 10 unique and fun ideas you can use to celebrate and make mothers day special this year:
- Mother’s Day Picnic – a beautiful indoor our outdoor fun and customised picnic setting with sentimental things like adding mums favourite photos and decorating with DIY decorations and flowers.
- Twinning with your mini and doing a fun at home photo shoot – you can leave mums “special matching outfit” for the day on a hanger on the door with a sweet note, something like “because all I want to be, is just like you” and twin for the day. A special part of the home can be set up for a magical photo shoot, to capture the moment in time and memories you can both cherish forever.
- Write her a poem – attempt making a funny and sweet poem as a family and read it to her over breakfast in bed.
- Take her down memory lane in a fun way – hide special family photos or treasures around the house and make her find them and say her most favourite thing about that memory.
- Make her a “chores token booklet” – where she can draw on a chores token at anytime for help with certain chores. Mums find it hard to ask for help, these creative home made chores tokens may help mum ask for help when she needs it, in an easier way. Be generous with the tokens, she will appreciate it.
- Put a blanket, favourite book and radio under a tree in the backyard or in a nice place around the house and blind fold her, take her there then surprise her with 1-2 hours alone time. Sometimes “me time” is the greatest gift for some mums, some dedicated time to unwind and we have all missed that in lock down.
- Please let mum sleep in but when she wakes up, a home made DIY card or mini pre-made thoughtful and funny video from the family to play is nice. Also something she can look back on and smile.
- Set up a manicure and pedicure station – I know you may not be a qualified nail technician but try and wing it with the kids! Mums are missing there “me time” especially at beauty salons. It will be the thought that counts, a bit of nail polish and a foot massage will go a long way.
- Make her a jar filled with notes that say all the reasons why she is an awesome mum, have turns opening the jar in the family and reading the notes out to her.
- Lots of random hugs! Fill her day with love, compliments and praise for all that she is and all that she does.
I hope that every single mother feels loved, appreciated, happy and special this mothers day, happy mothers day to all you incredible mamas.
owner of KoKo Adora
Transpiring a mothers love into fashion, through matching mother and daughter outfits